Tuesday 4 May 2010

Baby loves...King Tut's nappies


King Tut's nappies, discovered in the tomb


I was a little stricken about capitulating to disposable nappies. We bought the eco ones from Sainsburys, but I was dismayed to find out that although they're made of recycled materials, they've got lots of chemicals and rot in the landfills like all the others. Time to change...

Very romantically (and because I have a little more time on my hands), I've decided to make baby some nappies based on King Tutankhamun's loincloth. I have no idea if it will work, but I've fallen in love with the idea & want to make it happen.

So...I've booked myself onto the next 'nappucino' - Thurs May 27 at Poplar Ideas Store - to learn more for the experts on real nappies.

Got to remember not to forget photocopies for birth certificate, proof of address & copy of passport for the £50 nappy voucher. Apparently they'll have all the materials there, so I can reedem the voucher & take it all home!

http://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/lgsl/501-550/533_recycling_and_reducing_wa/real_nappies.aspx



*Baby at 7 months

No comments:

Post a Comment