Saturday 26 February 2011

Baby loves....Nixie Clothing


Nixie hat, watching the ducks in Victoria Park



I discovered Chatsworth Road in Clapton the other day - its a brilliant stretch, topped and tailed by Homerton Hospital and Hackney Marshes.

In between there's a smattering of nice delicatessens and coffee shops, a creperie and Nixie Clothing shop/showroom selling the most gorgeous baby/kids clothes made from old silk scarves and textiles.
www.nixieclothing.com/

I bought my tot a cool hat with scarf attachment (£16) - a handy design that ensures warm ears and neck (I also splurged on a nice ivory silk, short sleeved shirt from the small selection of adult vintage - shh!).

The clothes are divine, but aren't cheap - Nixie is stocked by Harvey Nichols - but I totally agreed with the ethos of the place & was very inspired.

After joining a Wednesday evening crafting circle my do it yourself confidence has grown & I've been cutting up old clothes & whizzing up dresses, cardigans, jumpers & cute little dungarees for my tot.

Lovely stuff....

p.s. the links menu had an interesting blog: http://www.mumsrock.com/



Tot at 1 and 1/2 years.....

No comments:

Post a Comment