Wednesday 26 May 2010

Baby loves...non-toxic cleaning




I don't know what I would do without our cleaner, Raya. A few months before baby was born I insisted she start using natural cleaning products - just lemon and baking soda.

I also made some home-made cleaning products after seeing the online videos on the Healthy Child Healthy World website.

Raya says the simple baking sode (bicarbonate of soda) and tea tree oil is perfect.

I put it in an old baby food jar and pounded some holes in the top to make a shaker. I'm going to get a big bulk supply of baking soda at Raj store on Brick Lane (thanks Christabel!).

I did another using (Dr. Bonner's) castile soap and baking soda and put it in an old plastic squeezer bottle.

I scented it with grapefruit and lime essential oil - it smells divine & all the sudden, cleaning doesn't seem like such a chore!

I am going to buy some eco-toilet cleaner though....


the site has some good, wise words/calming thoughts:

No one can do everything, but everyone can do something

Start out by choosing a few simple steps to take in your own home, and when they become habit, move on to a few more. Try not to get overwhelmed or neurotic, just take it day by day.

Don’t add stress to your already hectic life – we all know that stress is bad for our health, too. Also, remember that a healthy diet and regular exercise will help ensure a strong body that’s better able to fight off the effects of environmental exposures. It’s never too early, or too late, to start living healthier.


http://healthychild.org/live-healthy/video_library/C196/


*Baby at 8 months

No comments:

Post a Comment